The Significance of Clinical Judgment While Using CBCT for Implants
- August 2, 2020
It is a prerequisite for the dentists to count on on their know-how and clinical judgment to acceptably use cone-beam CT measurement before and after insertion of dental implants.
For this purpose, numerous imaging modalities are accessible such as:
- Intraoral radiography
- Panoramic radiography
- Cone Beam CT
Nevertheless, definite gauges for evaluation of implant sites have not yet been established. Consequently, the appropriate image and technology are reliant on the understanding and capability of the consultant. Firm devotion to prevailing criterions and strategies, comprehensive understanding of the uses and restrictions of this expertise, in addition to suitable patient safety measures are all intensely endorsed.
In spite of the power of this technology, its accurate use depends on on proficiency and judgment at every single phase of the approach e.g.
- Choice of suitable cone-beam CT reestablishments
- Usage of collaborative software applications to evaluate the angulation, distance across and altitude of alveolar bone, which helps in the choice of the suitable sort and dimension of implant and the best inclusion track.
- Comparative assessment of bone density
Making use of this attitude, dentists can effectively tie together the countless advantages of using CBCT; some of the advantages are as follows:
- A significant increase in their skill to forecast treatment results
- Substantial decrease in functioning time
- Considerable diminution in sickness and hitches
Nevertheless, choice of the precise imaging technique should be established on its appropriateness for providing the problem-solving information required at miscellaneous stages of treatment.
About us and this blog
We are a Dental Teleradiology service provider offering online interpretation and reporting of dental radiology studies like OPG, Cone Beam CT (CBCT), Dental X Ray, Sialography etc.
Request a free quote
Please let us know about your reporting requirements so that we can send you our service proposal customized to your needs.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Importance of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology in Dentistry July 1, 2021
- Dental 3D Scanning – A New Age Revolution June 30, 2021
- Looking After Your Oral Health in Festival Season June 16, 2021